Keynote: How to change yourself and the world with laughter
Thursday 9/22, 8:45pm, 50 minutes
Belachew Girma is the holder of a Laughter Guinness World Record for 3 hours and 6 minutes of uninterrupted laughter. Belachew became a born-again-Christian after losing his wife to HIV-AIDS and losing his business to natural disasters. After reading various books on psychology and laughter, he changed his outlook on life and, “laughter came to [his] life.” He since has become a laughter therapist, activist and a motivational speaker contributing as a guest on various media publications and TV programs such as BBC, Aljazeera, Canada TV, Jerusalem Post and Ethiopian Herald.
• Understand the science of epigenetic and how emotions impact your health
• Learn professional techniques to shift negative mood states into positive ones
• Learn the secret of how to laugh for hours
5 Good Reasons To Register Early
- Make sure you attend the round table experts session of your choice on Friday and Saturday afternoon. There is a maximum of 25 participants per session.
- Make sure you are on the double-decker bus that will bring laughter, play and celebration in town on Saturday afternoon. Space is limited. First come, first served.
- Need a discount? We will only accept volunteers until August 22nd.
- Need help finding a roommate or a ride to save some money? We’ll do our best to help, but can only help registered conference participants.
- Because you care. Creating this event represents a massive amount of work and a big investment. Help us plan better. Managing anything at the last minute is not fun.
All Posts In This Category
- Carmela Carlyle (California, USA)
- Connie Jasinskas (Ontario, Canada)
- Cynthia Paris (Wisconsin, USA)
- Dolores Garcia-Puebla (Arizona, USA)
- Hilary Kimblin (California, USA)
- Ina Lukas (California, USA)
- Isabella Stoloff (California, USA)
- Jaruska Solyova (California, USA)
- Jeffrey Briar (California, USA)
- Jill and Dan Johnson (South Dakota, USA)
- Kim Selbert (California, USA)
- Laura Gentry (Iowa, USA)
- Linda Leclerc (Quebec, Canada)
- Linda LeVier (California, USA)
- Lisa Pettersen (Florida, USA)
- Luis Gomez (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Mark Romero (California, USA)
- Martha Belknap (California, USA)
- Matty O’Shea (Tennessee, USA)
- Merv Neal (Victoria, Australia)
- Michael Coleman (California, USA)
- Michele Caskey & Carla Brown (New Mexico, USA)
- Monnet Zubieta (California, USA)
- Nira Berry (Washington D.C., USA)
- Pragito Dove (California, USA)
- Sarito Sun (California, USA)
- Sebastien Gendry (California, USA)
- Sheila E. Horowitz (California, USA)
- Simeon Darwick (New York, USA)
- Stephen Findley (Texas, USA)
We do our best to avoid any change of plan, and appreciate that events beyond our control can happen anytime. Note therefore that our presenters, classes, events, and their advertised dates and times in the 2011 All America Laughter Yoga Conference are subject to change without notice.