Keynote: Death, Dying, & Laughter
Sunday 9:20 am, 50 minutes
Coping with cancer can be a stressful and bewildering experience. As a Chaplain providing pastoral care to cancer patients, family members, and medical staff, Stephen will share stories and insights from his experiences of using Laughter Yoga as Self-Care for individuals dealing with grief, loss, death, and dying.
At the end of this presentation, students should be able to:
• Name five major psychological issues cancer patients must learn to cope with.
• Identify five Laughter Yoga Exercises that work well with cancer Out-patients.
• Identify five Laughter Yoga Exercises that work well with cancer In- patients.
Stephen Findley is the founder of Stephen Findley Seminars and the Shakha Laughter Club and the Shakha School of Laughter Yoga in affiliation with the Dr. Kataria School of Laughter Yoga. Stephen is a chaplain and a motivational speaker. He also leads Laughter Yoga Sessions for Cancer Patients and Caregivers at the Integrative Medicine Center at the University of Texas at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas.
5 Good Reasons To Register Early
- Make sure you attend the round table experts session of your choice on Friday and Saturday afternoon. There is a maximum of 25 participants per session.
- Make sure you are on the double-decker bus that will bring laughter, play and celebration in town on Saturday afternoon. Space is limited. First come, first served.
- Need a discount? We will only accept volunteers until August 22nd.
- Need help finding a roommate or a ride to save some money? We’ll do our best to help, but can only help registered conference participants.
- Because you care. Creating this event represents a massive amount of work and a big investment. Help us plan better. Managing anything at the last minute is not fun.
All Posts In This Category
- Carmela Carlyle (California, USA)
- Connie Jasinskas (Ontario, Canada)
- Cynthia Paris (Wisconsin, USA)
- Dolores Garcia-Puebla (Arizona, USA)
- Hilary Kimblin (California, USA)
- Ina Lukas (California, USA)
- Isabella Stoloff (California, USA)
- Jaruska Solyova (California, USA)
- Jeffrey Briar (California, USA)
- Jill and Dan Johnson (South Dakota, USA)
- Kim Selbert (California, USA)
- Laura Gentry (Iowa, USA)
- Linda Leclerc (Quebec, Canada)
- Linda LeVier (California, USA)
- Lisa Pettersen (Florida, USA)
- Luis Gomez (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Mark Romero (California, USA)
- Martha Belknap (California, USA)
- Matty O’Shea (Tennessee, USA)
- Merv Neal (Victoria, Australia)
- Michael Coleman (California, USA)
- Michele Caskey & Carla Brown (New Mexico, USA)
- Monnet Zubieta (California, USA)
- Nira Berry (Washington D.C., USA)
- Pragito Dove (California, USA)
- Sarito Sun (California, USA)
- Sebastien Gendry (California, USA)
- Sheila E. Horowitz (California, USA)
- Simeon Darwick (New York, USA)
- Stephen Findley (Texas, USA)
We do our best to avoid any change of plan, and appreciate that events beyond our control can happen anytime. Note therefore that our presenters, classes, events, and their advertised dates and times in the 2011 All America Laughter Yoga Conference are subject to change without notice.